Privacy Notice & Cookie InformationWe take your privacy seriously
Who we are
We are Sam Biddle & Rebecca Orme of Jealous Cow Limited trading as Be Creative. Our website address is: https://sambiddle.co.uk
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you visit this website
If you contact us by email or through our form
If you are to contact us by email or through our online contact form we will collect your name and email address in order to respond to you. A copy of this personal data is stored securely on the website server for a minimum period of one year, and a further copies will be stored on our password-protected office computers and mobile devices.
If you subscribe to newsletters
Be Creative is a marketing-driven business. Sam is full of new ideas that are all aimed at increasing your knowledge, improving your skills and growing your business; she is also a born communicator. If you subscribe to Be Creative Newsletters and Pop-Up Product offers you are opting-in to Sam’s enthusiasm for nail art, artistry and product development. She may also email you about her Be Inspired online education courses, and other opportunities. You’ll love it. You’ll benefit from it. But you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you order goods from us
Should you order goods from the Be Creative range we will collect your name and email address plus your shipping and billing address. We use this information for authentication and order processing.
We use PayPal and Stripe to process online payments; at no time do we have access to any personal financial information such as a credit or debit card number.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work; they can be used to store data on a ‘shopping cart’ for instance, and generally improve your interaction with frequently-visited sites.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required to make the website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation, eCommerce functions that allow you to purchase products from us, and others that allow access to secure areas of the website that require logging in (such as Your Account). These cookies don’t collect any personal information from you unless you are a secure user area.
- Preference cookies – these cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way it behaves or looks, such the products you have viewed to create a ‘Recently Viewed’ listing.
- Statistics cookies (Google Analytics) – these cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Some cookies, such as Marketing cookies, are placed on websites by third party services that appear on website pages or are used behind the scenes.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded Content from other Websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos or articles). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Taking control of Cookies
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. You can also control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com.
For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Who we share your data with
We (Sam Biddle & Rebecca Orme, owners of Be Creative) have access to your Personal Data and will share it only with those members of staff that require it in order to deal with any enquiry, or process any order you may place with us and other customer service functions that may be required in connection with it.
Our website, email and eCommerce hosting provider, of necessity, processes Personal Data on our behalf and will have access to it. That company is a trusted third party processor, based in the UK, and we are assured of the high level of privacy and security afforded to your Personal Data.
We will never sell, share or rent any part of your Personal Data with any third party unless required to do so by law or where in good faith we believe such action is necessary to comply with a legal process.
What rights you have over your data
If you have ever contacted us by email or through our contact form, if you have ever placed an order with us or have opened an Account on this website, you have certain rights in relationship to the personal data you have supplied or we have automatically collected from you:
- You can ask us to tell you what personal data we hold about you on our files and systems;
- You can ask us to make changes to that data if it is incomplete or inaccurate;
- You can withdraw your consent to our use of your persona data;
- You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you;
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If at any time you would like to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data under the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please just let us know:
If you are dissatisfied with our response to a request you make under the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Supervisory Authority:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113
How we protect your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We employ safe protocols for website browsing, encrypted communication and transfer of Personal Data (such as HTTPS and SSL/TLS). In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Your Personal Data is stored with a trusted third party for Processing in order for us to provide a full eCommerce service. We only work with Processing partners who can ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data.
- When you contact us, your Personal Data and message content is collected and stored in an encrypted format directly on a secure server for approximately one year. All routes and devices used to access such data are password-protected.
- When you place an order with us, the Personal Data we have collected is securely stored in electronic format on our password-protected website for an indeterminate period, and on password-protected online accounting software for a minimum period of seven years, to meet standard business and tax requirements.
- If you subscribe to our marketing newsletter your name and email address will be stored on a password-protected database with Infusionsoft, a trusted online email marketing and customer relationship management provider. It is not used for any other purpose and will be erased when you choose to ‘unsubscribe’ to our newsletters (there is that option at the bottom of every newsletter).
What data breach procedures we have in place
Despite our best efforts we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of our systems, our server or our online Third Party accounts & databases. We do however promise to notify you as the Data subject and the necessary authorities of any data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time.
It was first published 27th September 2018.